ABOUT THE CAPTAIN:
Captain Russ Laky began fishing at the ripe old age of five off the coast of Long Island. Introduced to the sport by his Father, he has since spent time fishing around the globe - from Maine to Florida, across the continental US (think rivers and lakes), the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, and Hawaii, to name a few. If there is water with life in it, it’s on the bucket list! A Waterman at the core, he is most comfortable in and around oceans, whether fishing, surfing, paddling, or diving. In 2014, Russ made the commitment to getting his 100 Ton Master Captain License to solidify his knowledge and expertise in a boat and on the water. He has spent the past 15 years calling the waters in and around the Merrimac and Parker Rivers his home and has fished for everything from Striped Bass and Flounder to Sharks and Tuna. A father of two young boys, he loves to share his passion for fishing with others and looks forward to having you aboard.
BOAT DETAILS / FISHING AND SAFETY GEAR:
The Kettie S. is a 2009 Parker 23SE powered by a whisper quiet 225HP Yamaha 4 Stroke outboard, believed by many to be one of the best possible platforms from which to fish on the Northeast coast.
- Lowrance Gen 1 HDS10 Plotter/Sounder
- Lowrance Gen 2 HDS7 Plotter/Sounder
- Lowrance Broadband 3G Radar
- Standard Horizon Explorer GX1600 VHF
- Standard Horizon HX870 Handheld VHF
- ACR Global Fix iPro EPIRB
- SI-TEX SST-110 Sea Water Temperature Guage
- Fusion MS-UD650 Marine Stereo
- 6 Class I PFDs with Whistles & Strobes
- Life Ring
- Porta Potti
- 6 Lee Tuna/Shark Swivel Rod Holders
- 18 Additional Rod Holders
- Yeti 45 Cooler
- Live Well
- T-Top with Full Enclosure
- Top of the line Shimano & TFO rods and reels
The Kettie S is docked across the river from Newburyport at Bridge Marina in Salisbury. Take Route 1 North out of Newburyport and then it's your first left turn immediately after the bridge.